Knobs or No Knobs? - Maserati Alfieri Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Knobs or No Knobs?

On the interior of the concept Maserati Alfieri, we really don't see many features at all. A decent sized screen with a knob on the drivers side and that's pretty much it.

Now obviously as a concept, a lot will be changed by production time but would you like to see more knobs in there for things like volume control, climate control, etc, or would you rather full touchscreen integration?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 12:25 PM

I always love the feel of knobs and the precision of using them but at the same time I wouldn't want anything intrusive. Something like what Range Rover released in their Velar is exactly the type of knobs I would want. Sleek, streamlined, but still functional and user friendly.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:49 PM

I don't care for knobs but what I care about is having controls I can operate without looking at them all for simple things, much like what we see in the picture above on the steering wheel.

Combine that with what Maserati already does and i'll be one happy buyer.

Even with that I hope the Alfieri inspires a better (next-gen) interior

Levante Interior

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 12:45 PM

Steering wheel controls are always really convenient once they're not laid out in an intrusive or cluttered looking way. That being said, I also don't want cheap looking buttons on there either.

The toggle switches for the climate control on the Levante do look great though. A little future like but clean.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 04:33 PM

Well if what the Levante has looks cheap to you, get used to it. Most, if not, all models will be like that.

The only time I can imagine it getting different is on a sport model where an entirely different steering wheels is required.

Personally, as long as the button feels good when clicking, i'll be happy.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:56 PM

Oh no no, I'm not saying they look cheap, I'm just saying I don't want to see cheap looking buttons on the Alfieri which they most likely won't but I would like a little step up above the Levante.

Button clicks are definitely important though. There's a certain satisfaction that I want to feel when you push any button. That's why sometimes I feel a little off-put my touchscreen things as you don't get that same satisfaction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Alfieri Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page