Alfieri Concept was Concept of the Year in Geneva - Maserati Alfieri Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Alfieri Concept was Concept of the Year in Geneva

The Maserati Alfieri announced as ?2014 Concept Car of the Year?

Quote:
The Alfieri Concept was first unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show 2014; a striking 2+2 concept car celebrating the brand’s centenary, with the name Alfieri commemorating the most prominent of the founding Maserati brothers. The concept car was designed at the Centro Stile in Turin, masterminded by Head of the Centro Stile Lorenzo Ramaciotti and led by Marco Tencone, who proudly accepted the Car Designs of the Year award on Maserati’s behalf.

Due to the overwhelmingly positive reaction when it was first shown, the Maserati Alfieri is now confirmed for production in 2017 followed by a cabriolet version later on.

The Car Designs of the Year Awards are completely independent in that the judging panel is made up of a truly global cross-section of professional designers from carmakers, educational establishments and suppliers from major players including Daimler, Jaguar, Volvo, General Motors, Hyundai, Lear, Coventry University and Renault Group.

Owen Ready, Editor Car Design News said, “The design of sports cars with fine volumes and beautiful proportions is something Italian car design has long excelled at, but the Alfieri’s more contemporary design elements have been executed with impeccable judgement. The result is a classic Italian sports car which is utterly modern.”
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 02:06 PM

Will the Alfieri look like the concept design since it has won the Concept of the Year award? I would think that a design with "overwhelmingly positive reaction" would stay as close to the concept model as possible.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 03:18 PM

The interior will not look as futuristic as the one seen in the concept model but the exterior should look similar. It's hard to tell when they plan to produce it in 2016. There's plenty of time for Maserati to make changes.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriele View Post
The interior will not look as futuristic as the one seen in the concept model but the exterior should look similar. It's hard to tell when they plan to produce it in 2016. There's plenty of time for Maserati to make changes.
That's just what I was thinking as there isn't much that can be changed, just a small toning down process and that's really it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 01:16 PM

Would be nice to see a close up of the headlights. All I can see if the LED lining.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 07:07 PM

Not surprised at all and what I found that helped them was allowing people to get closer to it than concepts from other automakers, having a deeper consumer connection going on goes a long way.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 03:44 PM

I was hoping that the Alfieri was going to make an appearance at the Frankfurt Motor show but they only brought in the 2016 Ghibli and Quattroporte.
Nice designs in their own right but they aren't 2 door vehicles.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriele View Post
I was hoping that the Alfieri was going to make an appearance at the Frankfurt Motor show but they only brought in the 2016 Ghibli and Quattroporte.
Nice designs in their own right but they aren't 2 door vehicles.
I was glad that they brought those models since they are the brands core models plus i haven't seen much about the coupe that would make frankfurt seem like a likely spot for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Alfieri Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page