Can Maserati improve its Coupe Image? - Maserati Alfieri Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Can Maserati improve its Coupe Image?

Looking up what people think about the GranTurismo there's enough positive information out to make you a buyer but at the same time enough to discourage you, even right from face value. So far I haven't seen anything impressive come from Maserati to indicate what the Alfieri could be like. Giulia needs more time in the hands of owners for real feedback we can depend on.

Is Maserati really capable of creating a real winner in this segment?
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 12:09 PM

Times are changing and I think it really is possible. I feel like the GranTurismo is now achieving the looks it should have years ago however but it's also been on the market for way too long.

But maybe it's time they realized that they need to re-invigorate the brand and seek external help without us knowing? Anyone is really capable of creating a winner, it's just a matter of waiting to see if they do. Considering we haven't seen much, we can't really comment on it too much.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless View Post
Times are changing and I think it really is possible. I feel like the GranTurismo is now achieving the looks it should have years ago however but it's also been on the market for way too long.

But maybe it's time they realized that they need to re-invigorate the brand and seek external help without us knowing? Anyone is really capable of creating a winner, it's just a matter of waiting to see if they do. Considering we haven't seen much, we can't really comment on it too much.
Well it comes back to what you said about the GT being old and on the market for too long, that alone will do it, it was almost a case of them buying time before bringing on some new leadership and coming up with some new strategy.

Were there any things you liked about the GT that you want to see carried on this time around?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 03:51 PM

The front end design was always the kicker for me because of how thin and sleek it was. The hood lines and angle of the headlights, everything just went so well together. Completely hated the dopey looking fender vents that they still carry on to now however, that definitely looks like a universal fender grill they just stuck on before it rolls off of the assembly line.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 03:35 PM

I'm just happy that they updated their interior a bit... the initial one was dated already by the time it came out haha

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Steering wheel is still a problem for me since its too bulky, instead they need to come out with something sporty, along the lines of what Audi started doing to MY 2017 vehicles.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 01:47 PM

I like the use of the carbon fiber on the steering wheel but maybe if the steering wheel was smaller, flat bottom, and not such a large airbag area.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless View Post
I like the use of the carbon fiber on the steering wheel but maybe if the steering wheel was smaller, flat bottom, and not such a large airbag area.
If they dont solve this with the Alfieri then i'm out. Yes there's more to it than design but there's just nothing like a well rounded package. At this rate we have so many more options. Jaguar is one of them, just look at the F-Type!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:23 PM

Especially with the SVR .... oh boy! Debating between the coupe and the drop top would be my hardest decision haha. Pick your poison

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 03:09 PM

The F-Type SVR is definitely wonderful. Especially with the interior looking like this ??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Alfieri Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page