Maserati Alfieri Is Probably Delayed, Are You Surprised? - Maserati Alfieri Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Maserati Alfieri Is Probably Delayed, Are You Surprised?

Motoring reports that the Alfieri will not arrive on schedule, as was laid out in 2014. The Alfieri coupe was supposed to arrive two years after the debut of the concept, which was first shown about two years ago at the 2014 Geneva Auto Show. The convertible was due a year after that. Unfortunately, there is no indication that a production version of the Alfieri is going to be unveiled any time soon.

Quote:
In fact, Maserati CEO Harald Wester told Motoring that the next new Maserati would be the replacement for the GranTurismo coupe and convertible. The previous plan called for the new GranTurismo coupe to debut in 2018, after the Alfieri coupe and convertible. We hope that Wester means that the GranTurismo’s timeline is being pushed up; or, it could be that the Alfieri effectively will replace the GranTurismo and that Maserati will have just one sports GT going forward.
So the goal of six new models in its lineup by 2018 is probably not going to happen. The Levante, Ghibli and Quattroporte (the latter two of which just were recalled for unintended acceleration) are as far as they have gotten so far.

Maserati Alfieri Sports Car Likely Delayed ? News*? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:32 PM

I'm not surprised and it gives me an excuse to get an Gran Turismo while I wait

Or maybe i'll pick up a 911... options.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Do you think a lot of people will simply purchase the Gran Turismo instead of the Alfieri? Or are the two vehicles really too different for that to be a general trend?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Do you think a lot of people will simply purchase the Gran Turismo instead of the Alfieri? Or are the two vehicles really too different for that to be a general trend?
They probably will since the GT is a unique offering and someone who really wants that will only want it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 12:10 PM

I really want to buy the Alfieri but not in love with the GT. So I'll either wait or go with another brand
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 04:01 PM

Right now we don't even know if the Alfieri will be coming out and it could be years later before we see hide or hair of it. Not sure if I want the Gran Turismo instead. Anyone know of any other models?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 05:01 PM

Definitely not surprise about the delay. With that being said, perhaps it'll steer the people waiting for this to other models/brands?

I don't know if I want to wait until it's out in the market now... might be a long wait.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 12:30 PM

Maserati didn't release a due date so people could be waiting for a very long time and move on to other models. Is it a good move on their end? Maybe, depending on their financial situation but from my POV they're just driving potential buyers away.

I'm going to start looking for a new vehicle elsewhere unless they release something soon.
MAGirl likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 03:31 PM

What other cars are you looking at, aside from this?

I'm looking at the Jaguar Xe 2016
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGirl View Post
What other cars are you looking at, aside from this?

I'm looking at the Jaguar Xe 2016
But the Alfieri is in a segment above the XE and it's a coupe. It's not even something that if had 2 doors more could rival the XE directly. What criteria are you using to decide between the two? Because I'm not seeing the connection here.

XE is an entry level luxury sedan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Alfieri Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page