Alfieri Will Be a True Sports Car - Maserati Alfieri Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Winwood

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Alfieri Will Be a True Sports Car

Maserati Alfieri to be 'a True Sports Car' » AutoGuide.com News

Quote:
“We’re all about the f#cking sound,” jokes Maserati marketing boss Saad Chehab.

A candid insight, he goes on to explain that while the exhaust note of a Maserati is important, the brand’s values can also be found in the design, pedigree, history and exclusivity of its models. But its newest car will bring to the fore a trait one simply assumes is a part of any fine Italian machine: performance.

“It’s going to be a true sports car,” said Chehab. Like the GT it will offer a 2+2 seating arrangement but the rear seats won’t be nearly as functional. “The package is a lot more performance oriented,” he said, with greater emphasis on agility.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 03:49 PM

If the rear seats are designed to be barely functional, why not remove them completely? Most of the higher end sports cars have done away with them and I don't see why Maserati shouldn't do the same if they wish to promote the Alfieri as a true sports car.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatballs View Post
If the rear seats are designed to be barely functional, why not remove them completely? Most of the higher end sports cars have done away with them and I don't see why Maserati shouldn't do the same if they wish to promote the Alfieri as a true sports car.
Because its a GT car... you can always toss one of your kids back there in a pinch or extra luggage.. whatever...

BlackGold likes this.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 07:14 PM

That's what I love about Maserati, just about all their vehicles are like that, although they do need a true sports coupe which they seem to be working on, something nimbler to replace the GranTurismo.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 09:22 PM

I dont if Maserati NEEDS one... FCA has ferrari and alfa for that. masser has never really been about that...

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 04:19 PM

More of a sports coupe than the GT was, that's for sure. Might see something that slots right under the AMG GT when it come to the drama it creates.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:12 PM

I actually think it slots above AMG GT in terms of design drama, if that's what you were referring to. The 2016 AMG-GT looks a lot sportier but the Alfieri has that classic sports car look.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 04:38 PM

Yeah design drama is it, AMG GT is relaxed but still has potential to be expressed more in terms of performance styling, i think there have been examples of this with aftermarket modifications.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Maserati Alfieri Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page